Monday, September 5, 2011

Random thoughts

Lately I have been thinking about just how precious life is.  So many people have been affected by hurricane "Irene", with several lives lost and millions upon millions in property damage.  Also, on a personal note, last week my 85 year old father suffered a heart attack, but thank God he is recovering.  And then, I just saw on tv that a former profootball star and current Hall of Famer suffered a stroke on Friday and died on Sunday at the age of 56!  Just a few years older than me! In the words of Marvin Gaye: "Makes me wanna holla, throw up both my hands..."

Let me leave you with this scripture from Isaiah 55:6 "Seek the Lord while He may be found; call on Him while He is near."

Peace and Blessings,

Rev. Williamson

No comments:

Post a Comment