Sunday, October 30, 2011

"Trust me"

Have you ever found yourself overwhelmed by the issues of life and you didn't know what to do? Perhaps it was (or is) financial distress, or  unemployment, or  health concerns, or family issues, or whatever.  When you were faced with such an ordeal, how did you handle it?  Did you ignore it and hoped that it would just "go away"? Or maybe you just shut yourself off from the rest of the world so that you could have your own private "pity party"? Maybe you are like me. I recently found myself in a situation, and since I consider myself a "hands-on" type of individual, I was getting ready to "handle my business" so to speak.  I wasn't going to do anything illegal or drastic, but I was not about to stand by and do nothing.  Just as I was plotting my course of action, I heard the Lord speak to me.  He asked me something very simple, yet very profound. He asked, "Do you trust Me?" Did you know that the word "trust" is the Old Testament counterpart of the New Testament words "faith" and "believe"? Trust appears 154 times in the OT and it literally means to take refuge (Ps. 2:12); to lean on (Ps. 56:3); or to roll on (Ps. 22:8).   So when I heard the Lord ask me such a powerful question, it immediately humbled me, but at the same time it snapped me right into place and back on track.  I answered Him ( with bowed head and slightly embarassed), "Yes Lord, you know I trust You." And with that confession of faith, immediately all the weight and stress I was feeling disappeared!  Not only that, He began to show me what to do in order to properly address the situation.  You know, life is so much easier when we place all of our cares and concerns "in the Master's hands."  My prayer is that someone else that may be in similiar situation like me, will be blessed and encouraged by this message.  Let me leave you with this passage of scripture from Proverbs 3:5-6: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your paths." (NKJV)

Peace,
Rev

2 comments:

  1. Amen Pastor! Worry and faith cannot abide together. Complete faith in God leaves you with nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete